Tuesday, December 3, 2013

WINNING THE GAME W/O PLAYIN'

To begin let me make excuses as to why my posting has been prolonged:

a. I have no free time because I started rewatching 30 Rock on Netflix from the beginning
b. I don't wear anything but grey and black and white and I wear the same 3-5 outfits to work
c. I thought my camera lens was in need of repair but it was just reeeally dusty
d. I'm LAZY
e. all of the above

correct answer: E. ALL OF THE ABOVE, FOLKS

Moving onward and forward to the topic of today. Let's focus on a few important things going on in my life like how do I survive winter and not look like I'm just roaming around in clothes fit for hibernating? Another important factor to discuss today is "How to Be a Baller"/"How to Win the Game"


As you may recognize, I'm introducing a well seasoned player from previous blog posting experiences today- this sequin jersey.  I decided to not be stupid just wearing the tank top jersey and finally put some damn clothes on...since it's apparently December already. And to put more clothes on means that beautiful thing called layering.

 LAYERING IS REALLY HARD THOUGH, EVEN THOUGH THEY SAY IT'S EASY.

Am I right? My thought process stemmed from "okay, a turtleneck under this? no? *shudders*" to "i only have one cardigan and i wear it too much, people definitely notice"

GOD SAVE THE LONG SLEEVE BUTTON DOWN:


swish for the win

The button down dresses up the more casual qualities of a sportswear piece and add some complexity to a before now, pretty basic idea. 

Also on a side note I saw this photo (below) on the internet a few weeks ago and wanted to be as cool as her:


(she's so much better as being cool though, let's be honest)

To complete the look, I didn't want to overwhelm an already dazzling "star athlete" of a jersey so black jeans were the obvious choice.  Footwear, however, had to provide some stability and interest to the look.  And lucky for me and my lack of blogging lately I have, indeed, gained a new member in my closet: SOME HEFTY ASS TIMBERLANDS~



and I guess I'll end on that note.
xx your favorite goon, Alex










No comments:

Post a Comment