Thursday, February 27, 2014

THE ART of THROWING SHADE

Today I’m going to be blogging about one of my favorite pastimes…

THROWING SHADE 

To most easily explain the concept of throwing shade, if you aren't educated on the masterful art, let me begin by quoting Dorian Corey:  

Shade is I don't tell you you're ugly but I don't have to tell you because you know you're ugly 
... and that's shade.

This is exactly where my outfit today comes in:



don't fuck with me

*
*
*

Shade is very much about attitude.  You don't really need to say anything (which is great, in this case, when you are trying to throw shade with the aid of your apparel).   One of the most effective ways to throw shade may just be by presenting yourself to others in a manner that lets it be known that you are far superior.

Octavia St. Laurent does this very well....don't fuckk with her.



What says -I don't give a shit about your measly life?- more than a basic grey crewneck
 with such an in-your-face statement. 
HELLO U SHADY ASS BITCH,
I'll be rocking this in the club


I am also really excited about this sweatshirt in general, because I know I'm probably the only human out there wearing it.  That gives me even more power to throw shade.  Needless to say I will be making much more custom clothing in the near future.

For those of you that want to become more knowledgeable about ballroom culture, throwing shade, being the ultimate diva, here's a few things you should consider watching:
And please, if anything watch Paris is Burning (it's on Netflix right now)


"Having a ball...wish you were here"
Until next time,
Alex





No comments:

Post a Comment