The whole "no white after Labor Day" argument doesn't really apply when you never really remember when labor day is anyway. To protest such an outdated (and frankly, dumb) fashion do/don't, I'm going to throw myself into a sea of whites this winter season and NO ONE CAN STOP MEEE!
I will be honest, I think that there are many many ways and good reasons white shouldn't show its true colors in the winter months. As I mentioned previously in my all grey everythang post, you must make the entire outfit (in this case, we will be talking all white/off-white) become the statement, not a singular piece.
For the look it will just take a lot of trial and error. Like greys, whites vary drastically in tonality--some are almost yellow, while starchy blue tones often appear, too.
Here are some more suggestions for pairing whites and off-whites:
1. TEXTURE per usual. A big bulky sweater may be your new best friend. Do not be afraid to really go for it here. It's winter and you can go with a heavier fabric on bottom, too, like i did with this quilted skirt.
2. Consider the number of pieces you have. Evens are better than odds if you are pairing a very bright white and a very off...off-white. This way, no one is overpowering the other. Unlike the monochromatic grey look, you can get away with just two!
3. White tights don't look good on anyone. They might look acceptable on me because my legs are already ghostly white (altogether, terrifying) in the wintertime, but I'm not going to chance it, and you shouldn't either.
4. You can't find white jeans/pants anywhere (probably because of the post-labor day haters) but they will surely be appearing soon for the spring collections.
5. This would look very very nice with all white Nike Air Max 1s (anything would look good with all white Nike Air Max 1s) just ask Ivania, THE MASTER of all white.
6. If you opt for a skirt because you are like me and spent endless amounts of time searching for white pants and came up empty handed, you may want to keep your lower limbs warm with some opaque black tights and all black boots. The black will not draw much attention and keep your shiny white threads in the spotlight.
7. DON'T SIT DOWN... EVER (the number of nightmares I've had solely about sitting in something while wearing light pants)
And don't you just love this room? I am staying at my friend Tyler's family's home for a while in Overland Park while job searching here in Kansas City. Tyler's mother stages rooms and blogs as well-- their home is so so lovely! Please check out her blog Beaux R'eves <3
Thanks for reading, xx