Sunday, March 30, 2014

HEY BOY

What's better than dressing like a boy?
GETTING TO PLAY DRESS UP WITH A BOY, duhh

Today's post is about how to be a mysterious boy...MY FAVORITE. 

Hunter is one of those boys I know who dresses like I would want to dress if I were a boy.  It's pretty basic (I've never seen him wear anything not solid black or white), but it works.  I mean, he wears "dressy sweatpants"...he obviously gets what I'm all about.

The other day when he told me he'd just gotten a "jedi wrap" I immediately let out a squeal and began plotting when/how I would steal it from him...just you wait, I'll be wearing it on the blog soon :P


This "jedi wrap" reminded me of something I saw a while back-- somewhere in the depths of an internet journey one day, I came across a tag for "goth ninja fashion".  After LOLing for a minute over such a hilarious name for a type of style...I became really obsessed about the look, and, I mean...

it looks very goth

and very ninja.

It is very much mysterious and moody and combines a casualness of street styles and takes in high fashion ques from the likes of designers like Mr. A Wang (with his dark, streamline looks) the obvious Rick Owens, and Yohji Yamamoto (the layering...all the draping...the fact Yamamoto is probably a ninja himself..)



Hunter's look is more toned down and sporty with his Flyknits than the crazy looks I've seen for A REAL GOTH NINJA...but his vibe is very right.  Casual but REALLY COOL.  





SO,
The question is: WILL U B A MYSTERIOUS BOY FOR ME?

I don't know, but I think boys are scared to wear drapey things....and I get itttt but hey let's try something new for once because honestly boys NEVER DO ANYTHING FUN when they get dressed, and dressing like a ninja (and maybe being one) makes the ladies swoon.  So wear more drapey things for me.

//SWOON



DEETS//

!*JEDI WRAP*!~ from H&M
DRESSY SWEATPANTS~ from ZARA MEN
KICKS~ Nike Flyknit Lunar

No comments:

Post a Comment