Friday, May 30, 2014

MAY FLOWERS

As the month of May nears it's end, let me brighten your lives up a little with some May flowers!  Florals always seem relevant in the transition between spring and summer...floral to tropical.  This is my favorite time of year.

I have always loved bold prints and I feel like I can pull them off.  I know there's that huge stigma with prints...little ladies looking swallowed up by a print.  And although, this can happen, it's as rare as  getting swallowed up by the whale itself.  I think wearing print is all about owning it...as with anything you wear!

A few years ago I came across a small shift dress at a thrift store with an "on the verge of ugly" print.  I LOVED IT.  & THIS BITCH DIDN'T EVEN TRY IT ON.

It's still my favorite dress ever.  

So what did I do when I found a pair of leggings in a similar pattern?
SPENT WAY TOO MUCH $$ AT AMERICAN APPAREL ON THEM, THAT'S WHAT--



They are a thicker nylon fabric so I don't feel naked...a lot of the printed leggings at places like Forever21 might have decent prints but are as thin as that damn tp paper in public restrooms.
(lol...just trying to justify my purchase rn)


A simple black top and shoe pairing make these pants seem effortless.  This is probably the most practical way of wearing them

but what's the fun in 
p   r  a   c  t   i    c    a   l  ?


Wanna go on a picnic.. looking like a picnic?


This is that look.


Wanna stunt on your haters?


This is probably it.


Wanna run around in a field of...oh...idk....flowers?


THIS IS IT.


Wanna cover your entire body in everything you own that's a floral print?

THIS IS IT.

AND I AM VERY OKAY WITH ALL THESE THINGS<3




No comments:

Post a Comment