Friday, May 2, 2014

SUMMER in the CITY

OH DEAR BLAWG,
it's been a long stint, has it not?

I am sorry to have left you, high and dry, but I will be back with lots and lots of goods the next few weeks to make up for it.  I recently got the opportunity two weeks ago to travel to Austin, Texas with a group of amazing photographers & models to shoot for a fall campaign (I can't really tell you too much...SECRETS R SECRETS!)  But I am using my being gone for that as an excuse.

OH.
and another excuse!
I moved last weekend to a new studio apartment in Hyde Park, here in Kansas City.  My things are finally finding their own spots here in the apartment, and I've got a lot to blog about.  Get ready to adventure with me soon into designing and decorating the place :)

Until then, I have a random post about shoes...because we all love shoes and they make us happy and also I didn't have to photograph my face.

So.
THE TOPIC:

~*SUMMER FOOTWEAR*~



I think it's the lack of socks, I don't know, but summer kicks are (in general) a pain!  I get so used to wearing the same pair of boots all winter...and NOW WHAT.  Nothing seems to go with the outfits I'm wearing and I am looking like a real hot mess (literally sweating).


PRAISE THE HEAVENS FOR BLACK FLATS.  

There are a lot of cute heels for the summer, a lot of ugly ass sandals for the summer, but most importantly there are the things that you'll want to actually wear out in public every day.

I recently snagged the above pair on sale and couldn't be happier.  They transition well from my work day, to my everyday, to everywhere in between.  Being open on the sides they are easy and breezy, too, so think about that when you are looking for a new summer pair!

And what else will you find me wearing this summer?


NOTHING BUT THESE THINGS. PER USUAL.

<3

with better material next time,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment